[Wolves] Two Things

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue Jul 11 13:44:59 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 13:00 +0100, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:

> Simon!  Simon! (Shane jumps up and down).  What are the major
> disadvantages of the Free Software server?  I mean...what's missing?

Shane! Shane!!! 2 that bounce into my mind are:

1. Desktop sharing

2. Exporting a single application over NX rather than the whole desktop

I think these things exist in the FreeNX server but they are
experimental and unstable. As with all things that are Free Software
they will come in time

> I'm very interested in this technology but - like Marty Pauly in
> Northern Ireland - I'm beginning to enter negative time in terms of
> availability.  I need to be spoon-fed data :P
>
> On another note <looks over shoulder and makes sure no one is
> listening>
> I've begun work on the SELinux Policy Editor project.  I'm currently
> fixing the website and will begin a usability review of the tool
> shortly.  More cool things to talk about when I get to London :)

Surely everyone now knows that AppArmor is the path to true application
firewall nirvana? not SELinux?

~sm