[Wolves] Two Things

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 13:56:02 BST 2006

On 11/07/06, Shane M. Coughlan <shane at shaneland.co.uk> wrote:

> Simon Morris wrote:
> > Surely everyone now knows that AppArmor is the path to true application
> > firewall nirvana? not SELinux?
>
> SELinux Policy Editor is taking tips (read borrowing/stealing) from
> AppArmor.
>
> SELinux has great penetration in governmental spheres.  I'm not sure
> what the outcome of AppArmor/SELinux will be.  Will one approach win?
> It depends.
>
> I guess a real issue is that we don't see a terrific amount of resources
> explaining differences, advocating things in a simple fashion, and
> ensuring real people understand what's going on.
>
> Shane

There's a very interesting blow by blow account of the good and bad
points of both SELinux and Apparmor in the latest issue of Linux
Magazine.  There are reps from both SuSE Novell and Red Hat.
Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(R) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom