[Wolves] Google Calendar [ Not Linux specific ]

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 20:54:23 BST 2006

Stuart Langridge wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Is anyone else using it?
> Me. I use it a lot.
Cheers guys. I've since discovered that Upcoming.org can supply an iCal
feed so LUG meetings appear on my calendar when I forget how to count up
to 2, in either Google Calendar or Mozilla Sunbird (which does a better
job of it).

Google Calendar was integrated into the Google Desktop the day after I
posted.

I'm now worrying about side-stepping the next monopoly. Does anyone know
how to put a Yahoo Calendar on the Google Desktop and vice versa? Is
there an opening for a free software desktop (like Google/Yahoo) on a
web server to give web service provider independence? (What are the |
Are there any ) standards in this area?

Woo