[Wolves] Google Calendar [ Not Linux specific ]

Shane M. Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 23:28:57 BST 2006

Andy Wootton wrote:
> Portals, CRM systems and now web desktops - 'all they are doing' is
> piping data from an application into a small window on the screen. X11
> was doing that in 1987. How have we moved so far backwards? ;-)  [
> insert random Microsoft blame attribution here ]

I suspect we're suffering from (a) a lack of innovative vision and (b)
the way that venture capital tends to fall towards hyped concepts rather
than ferret out truly unique systems of organising communication.

I would really like a way to know what I'm doing, what all my friends
are doing and what my coworkers are doing.  If that also allowed me to
carry my profile everything (regardless of computer) and to
automatically deliver timely information...well...gosh...I might even
stop whining so much.

Shane

--
Shane Martin Coughlan
e: shane at opendawn.com
m: +447773180107 (UK) +353862262570 (Ire)
w: www.opendawn.com
---