[Wolves] Asterisk geniuses required

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 15:49:49 BST 2006

Hello all

Some of you may know that I've been playing
Asterisk at Home on and off for the last few months.
Well, after many false starts and bits of failed
hardware I'm close to completing what I want to do.

The part I am stuck on now is getting incoming calls
to transfer to an external number if they are not
answered within 15 seconds. I am using 9 to denote an
outside line. Remember I am using A at H so none of your
fancy speak, but will dive under the web admin
interface and edit conf files if need be.

The calls are routed via time conditions and a few
rings groups, but the eventual outcome of all paths is
to transfer the call to an external extension if the
call isn't picked up and then go to a voicemail box as
a last resort.

Do I need to specify the '9' in my external extensions
for the ring groups? If I do I skip straight from
internal extensions ringing to voicemail, if I don't
add the 9 I go from the internal extensions ringing to
an 'all extensions are busy' message. I can call out
using a VoIP handset to the external number.

My external numbers are set up as:

07xxxxxxxx#

where the 07xxxxxxxx is my real number, as per the A at H
help:

"List extensions to ring, one per line.

You can include an extension on a remote system, or an
external number by suffixing a number with a pound
(#). ex: 2448089# would dial 2448089 on the
appropriate trunk (see Outbound Routing)."

Can anyone help me understand why this is not working?

Thanks,

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk