[Wolves] Asterisk geniuses required

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 21:22:38 BST 2006

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/07/06, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks though and please don't forget to trim the
> > posts you are replying to.
> >

> Hmmm, now this is odd.  I did indeed trim the post.
> I only left the
> relevant bit in about you needing some Asterix help
> not the rest of it
> and nothing about what was going wrong.  This must
> be a GMail problem
> (another?) and I'm not the only one to have noticed
> it as others have
> mentioned it on another mailing list.
>
> Anyway, If you care to subscribe, temporarily if you
> wish, to the
> Staffs LUG there are a couple of people on there who
> are certainly
> willing to help out.  One has had an Asterix system
> up and running for
> some time now :-)

Kevan if you'll accept my apology, with retrospect I
think my reply was not only a bit mean but followed up
by pushing your head in the mud and then treading on
it after your kind offer of help.

I simply meant to say that rather than have you go to
the trouble of asking a third party, I'll wait to see
anyone here can help, before you asking other people,
as I know we have a few Asterisk people around and
then tried to explain my reasons.

I still think the Asterisk/Asterix thing is funny and
the lack of trimming is a weird gmail thing (I think
other people might have had this problem before, or
maybe is was html mail), but I didn't mean to sound so
ungrateful. I've driven home with the express purpose
of writing this apology I felt I'd been so unkind
about it. My friends tell me I'm a miserable bastrad
to live with - sweet (not only by name), but very
grouchy and I didn't mean to display it on list ;)

Thanks for your help, you're a good egg :)

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.adamsweet.org