[Wolves] XGL desktop cube thingy

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 12:53:02 BST 2006

Hi All

Well what a mind blowing experience LugRadio live was as an indication of just
how good it was I took my 14 year daughter Hannah along we arrived at 10.15
an left at around 5.45 and she only listened to one song on her iPod. Hannah
said it was a fantastic day and she thoroughly enjoyed herself so it must
have been good as we all know how easily 14 year olds get bored!

I spent far too much time with Ted and Eric? on the SuSE stand and was like a
kid in a sweet shop he was demonstrating XGL he did a key combination that
made it look like it was raining on the desktop, awesome!  when I got home I
set about setting it up.

It works! sort of, I can get the cube, rotate it and zoom plus I have wobbley
windows as well. I cant get the water or the rain and my cube refuses to stop
so you can see two sides at once (Unless I hold it there) it flips to the
next screen.

It is pretty cool what I really like is open an app on one screen rotate to
the next and open another app (and so on) when you select an app in the tray
the cube flips round to that screen, mega cool!!

Thanks guys for asking me to help out I'm definitely up for it next time.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing