[Wolves] I just read this....

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 09:34:05 BST 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 08:48, Matthew Revell wrote:

> What makes Suse any better, as a Vista alternative, than any other up
> to date Linux OS? I've seen a couple of articles suggesting that
> Suse's gonna be this big threat to Vista, but I can't quite work out
> why they've singled out Suse. I think our pal Haegar must be doing
> some behind the scenes work :)

First off the guy is talking out his arse. Unless somebody has tried every
type and configuration of Computer or Laptop how the hell can anyone claim
such and such Linux orientated distribution has better support than MS.

I've used SuSE for a number of years now however just recently I've really
started to get the hump with it, simple stuff like installing gnomemeeting
YAST: "lib.tuff-luck-sucker.so is not available installation cannot
continue". SuSE 10.1 is a complete disaster (and they have the cheek to sell
it!) I wont have it in the house.

This sort of crap should not be happening anymore especially if statements
like "Linux is a real alternative" are being made, I often wonder if we are
not reading these sorts of statements wrong? maybe in actual fact of whats
being said is nothing to do, persay, with the product (software) but more to
do with the company. Now there somebody might have a point. I stated last
month Novell is really eating up the market buying companies and solutions
left right and centre.

So if someone says "Novell is a viable alternative to MS" I might be tempted
to agree.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon