[Wolves] Asking about SuSE 10.1 Experiences

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 10:15:10 BST 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 09:53, Peter Evans wrote:

> Just asking what makes you say 10.1 is so poor Pete?

The SuSE mailing list for one, I must make it clear:

1. I have not seen it in action.
2. I do not have it installed

So, sticking to my earlier statement I might be talking out of my arse!

Every day since its release there has been relentless posts regarding
problems, stuff missing and destroyed stable installs. This is generally to
be expected with new releases however this one seems to be awful.

Linux format did a revue and found that 10.0 booted in 55 seconds but 10.1
took 100 seconds, that's not an improvement in my book. Even tho I moaned
earlier my 10.0 is pretty stable if I do install it I will wait at least
another three months but more than likely will wait for 10.2.

The other thing I'll be watching with narrowed eyes is the fact that lots off
apps and system tools appear to be being stripped out (another complaint on
the SuSE list) strangely I wanted to add a new graphics card to the beast but
the old Add Hardware feature (Graphics Cards) is missing on 10.0 all that's
there is crappy Sax.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon