[Wolves] What the hell does it want???

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Thu Jun 1 13:27:24 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 13:12 +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Thursday 01 June 2006 12:58, Adam Sweet wrote:
>
> > I guess around now you are wishing that Debian/Ubuntu
> > had the nice RH/FC setup tool ;)
>
> Yes please, can I download it? wheres all these packages everyone
> bangs on
> about?
>
> Quote: "I was disappointed at the lack of packages"

Debian Stable
-------------

sm at mozrat01:~$ apt-cache stats
Total Package Names : 19664 (787k)

SLES9
-----

cmtadmin at cmt02wb01:/srv/sles9-install> find -type f -name "*.rpm" | wc
-l
2384

I don't know who said that quote you provided but he sounds like a very
clever (and no doubt extremely rugged and handsome) to me

> Packages my arse even simple setup tools arn't there!

vi ?

> But I'm a lazy sod and all this faffing around is giving me the hump,
> just
> when I'd started to change my opinion about Ubuntu. :)

Bah, you grumpy old so-and-so. Go and find a small puppy to kick or
something.

~sm