[Wolves] I just read this....

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Thu Jun 1 18:24:52 BST 2006

--- Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> At the risk of a holy war, I'm going to pose a
> question and profess the world according to Adam. I
> know all you FC/SuSE users are bored of hearing
> about
> Ubuntu, but I wonder, why are you still using SuSE?

I use SuSE at work as my desktop and for servers
(SLES9) and really the big reason is application
support. The main product we sell is certified on
Redhat and SuSE (RHAS and SLES). This is pretty normal
among commercial software, redhat and suse are
supported and maybe some of the others if you're
lucky.

SuSE and Redhat have the advantage of support, both
paid for, and application, thats their big
differentiator, which one you chose depends on
personal taste.

I use ubuntu on my home laptop, which I installed to
see what all the fuss was about, and I see almost no
difference to suse for most practical purposes, I have
the same window manager (WindowMaker) the same shell
(bash) and the same text editor (emacs) etc etc. So
really why not chose SuSE? my distro choice is just
not a big deal.

Mind you my neo-luddite approach to computing (and
espeacially desktops) has been commented on before :)

chris