[Wolves] Which is better?

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 20:09:34 BST 2006

Adam Sweet wrote:

>--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Can anybody tell me if a card bus PCMCIA card is
>>better in Linux than
>>an ordinary PCMCIA card?  Is there really much
>>difference?
>>

>As I understood it, card bus was 16-bit, which I guess
>these days is a bit crap, but fine if thats as good as
>things get on your hardware.
>
>I am prepared to be proven completely wrong however.
>If you want to talk about support, have a look at
>http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/

nope, that's on the nose afaik - old laptops use cardbus. Luckily you
can get things like wireless cards for cardbus, but you won't be able to
get a USB card on acount of the different bitlength.

spline
"I've been electrocuted more times than I've been alive in years. I
stopped counting after the 35th time - thankfully my heart is stronger
than my fusewire"