[Wolves] Is the party over for SuSE?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 08:00:46 BST 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 20:37, Simon Morris wrote:

> I'm still a happy 10.1 user so maybe someone should shoot and have me
> stuffed and mounted at Novell HQ.

Hey, was yours a fresh install?

There are success on the SuSE list but they are very few :(

I reckon this is where the problem is people upgrading rather than fresh
installs, true I've seen some "I just did an install......" but reading the
posts it sounds like some of them are as you say 'driver related' which
probably means they'd of had the problems anyway regardless of release
number.

Driver shipment is NOT what I am seeing most of. Generally the problems looks
like it is bug, bug, bug. Which means poorly, badly downright rubbish coding
if I was a betting man I'd say Novell never had a 10.1 release or not a
viable one at any rate the evidence is stacking up that it was thrown
together V. quickly and shoved out on the market just to keep the six month
cycle.

I'm a big fan of SuSE but if I'd have installed it I would be on that list now
screaming my head off my one concern now is 'What do I do?'  for me 10.1 has
tainted my love of SuSE so will I install 10.2 or 11.0 for that matter I
dunno?

Just keep one thing in mind SuSE die hards are not gonna slag it off openly on
things like planetsuse I know the mailing list can be googled but its that
list or forum that gives a true picture of the state of any distribution.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon