[Wolves] Hey, this is interesting...

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 18:48:43 BST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 16:38, David Goodwin wrote:

> I'm sure there is a market for a 'computer' that when turned on, network
> boots (over ADSL?) and allows you to run a web browser/im client/read
> email (e.g. LTSP style).

Its amazing how the wheel turns full circle, not that long ago most businesses
had dump terminals everything was done from the server we supposedly
progressed to self contained computers able to store and do stuff locally.

Then we went on to terminal emulation and diskless devices which in effect was
dump terminal and now the buzz word is "No PC (As such) just something with a
browser, your TV possibly.

Welcome back dump terminal, sorry you got left out in the cold for a bit :)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon