[Wolves] Re: comments like buses

Howard Berry h.berry at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 09:04:06 GMT 2006

Greetings Luggers,
Comments from me are a little like the West Midland bus service- nothing
for ages then two together.
1.Have you read about the campaign launched by the Guardian Technology to
free up data collected by government agencies such as Ordnance Survey
funded by tax-payers money. In short we pay for it twice and the system of
these agencies trying to generate cash from sales is a dead hand on
application development based on mashups and the like. Find out more here:
http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1731386,00.html
2. Next comes a request: can anyone recommend a good ftp utility for SuSe
Linux? I have used the aptly named Bear but it just crashes every time I
try to up load a file. I think you'll agree that for an ftp program this
is a bit of a disadvantage!
On Windows I use FileZilla which is excellent, but as yet there is no
Linux version.

--
Regards,
Howard Berry