[Wolves] bios upgrade

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Sun Mar 26 16:34:35 BST 2006

A couple of random thoughts and possibilities.

1.	BIOS incorrect. Get another machine, download BIOS again, use BIOS
upgrade utility on boot floppy to redo BIOS upgrade.

2.	BIOS upgraded correctly. Memory incompatible with new BIOS. Some
older BIOS requires different settings for different memory. Try
resetting the CMOS, either by loading defaults from setup or, worth
doing, by discharging the CMOS with the motherboard jumper.

3.	Something else has happened at the same time. Try going back to the
old BIOS and see if it works. (You did backup the old bios to floppy
when you were offered the chance didn't you?)

4.	Why did you upgrade the BIOS. Was the machine working? Was there an
incompatibility? Many BIOS upgrade programs, aware that
incompatibilities are more frequent than we would like, advise not to
upgrade the BIOS unless something doesn't work.

Mark