[Wolves] one for you apache experts

Baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 15:39:32 BST 2006

On 27 Mar 2006, at 15:17, Simon Morris wrote:

> Baza wrote:
>>

>> Stupid question 23. Where do I put this? Do I put it in apache2.conf?
>>

> No such thing as a stupid question.
>
> Yes - do you know if you have your site running as a virtual host
> or if
> you are running it in the main server config?
>
> Replying with the output of httpd2 -S (or maybe apache2 -S) will
> tell us.
>
> If so you need to make sure you have mod_rewrite enabled (check
> /etc/apache2/mods-enabled on debian or /etc/sysconfig/apache2 on SUSE)
> and then copy those lines into your main server config (httpd.conf) or
> your virtualhost config

baza at barbelith:~$ apache2 -S
VirtualHost configuration:
wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
*:*                    is a NameVirtualHost
          default server localhost.localdomain (/etc/apache2/sites-
enabled/000-default:6)
          port * namevhost localhost.localdomain (/etc/apache2/sites-
enabled/000-default:6)
Syntax OK
baza at barbelith:~$