[Wolves] iFolders

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:27:04 BST 2006

On 03/05/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> Depends, for me, I do have some uses for it I have a rather large collection
> of images which is replicated on another machine. I used to copy the one
> directory, paste it to the Server then from the other workstation overwrite
> its directory from the pasted Server one. All very time consuming with
> iFolders the one directory updates the other now.
>
> As it stands today the only value is someone or some business that has
> individuals who need constant sync of documents and folders however I see
> potential for this project in a wider scope, synced calendars, email, diary
> xyz. You need to think outside the box on this one, before everyone jumps up
> and down and says "But you can do that already" you don't need everyone to
> know everything so you can control who has what plus there are other uses it
> can be put to.

I see a very good use for it when it comes to html bookmarks.
Especially if you work on two computers. Save a bookmark on one PC and
you have easy access to it on another.  It would just need synching so
that it updated automatically from one instance of Firefox/Konqueror
etc onto another on a second PC.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay