[Wolves] OT: police powers?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu May 4 09:32:33 BST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 09:18, Kevanf1 wrote:

> What powers do the police have concerning stopping schoolchildren (in
> uniform so obviously schoolchildren) in the street?  Two officers, one
> male one female with no other adults and they were in an unmarked
> Freelander.  My family and I just witnessed these two stop loads of
> kids and checked through their school bags.  They then wrote down
> notes.  No teachers about.  It seemed to be that they were stopping
> each and every kid that walked down the road.

Yes, under Stop & Search

There has always been stop and search it did get a bit out of hand when it
evolved into SuS but that was refind to almost what was originally in place.

Actually I thought you was about to say with one or two people dressed
normally, they are cracking down on truancy (which is not the case here I
take it) I am fully behind it.

My wife and I was in the Bull Ring last month (mid week) and they was stopping
family's and issuing penalty's, nearly every parent we saw going through this
had the same reaction "Whats the problem?" tossers, your kids are supposed to
be in school that's the problem not looking around Lego land in Birmingham.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com