[Wolves] OT: police powers?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu May 4 09:51:50 BST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 09:36, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Cheers Peter.  I'm still a bit concerned though.  After all, it's too
> easy to get hold a coppers 'uniform' or what looks very much like one.
>  I'd accept the truancy brigade if it was around 10 or 11 in the
> morning.  That's when they are wondering about not in school.

What do you do? anyone could be a nonce, your next door neighbor, friend
school crossing lady these pervs don't have it written on their foreheads.

Most kids are pretty clued up these days anyway, if the cops want to take them
to the station (which they can) they should say "No we will go to my school
so that a teacher knows about this".

> I suspect a drugs search but I thought this had to be done with a
> parent in attendance for under 16s?

Nope, anyone of any age may be made to turn their pockets out, what your
getting confused about is that a child under 10 years old cannot be convicted
of a crime. Plus these days drugs to a certain degree are on the back burner
these little sods are carrying knives and god knows what these days.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com