[Wolves] Re: OT: police powers?

Kelly, Martin Martinkelly at wlv.ac.uk
Fri May 5 11:20:16 BST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 16:04, Kelly, Martin wrote

> Or have more of our rights been given away without my noticing?

And Peter Wrote

You never had them in the first place its only when you infringe some law that
your eyes get opened to the extent of police powers.

Yeah but, No But.
Having tested the limits of the law a few times myself, I know from experience that some police officers will yeild a little if they think you know something about the law.
(I don't recommend you try out that theory just for the heck of it)
the site below seems to give an insight on the limits and protocols, for anyone interested.
 http://www.thesite.org.uk/homelawandmoney/law/introuble/stopandsearch

Mart, (it's good to be protected, but not so good to get picked on).