[Wolves] Re: OT: police powers?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 14:20:24 BST 2006

On 05/05/06, Simon Morris <mozrat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/05/06, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A little update on this thread.  The two Police officers were stopping
> > all and sundry schoolkids.  We do not believe any paperwork was handed
> > out to any of the kids, but, we are not sure about this.  Lastly,
> > these two officers actually caused a number of kids to be late for
> > registration.  Appreciably late as some didn't manage to get into
> > school until after 10 am.  They were supposed to be in registration by
> > 9:15 am at the latest.  The school did not know a thing about any of
> > it and they were as concerned as we were.
>
> IMHO you did the right thing by being concerned and chasing it up.
>

> --

I think that the school is making further enquiries with Cannock
Police.  My feeling about all this is that it would have been far
better if it had been done with the co-operation of the school.
Schoolchildren didn't need to be forewarned but it would have been a
far more meaning ful exercise if done properly on a full scale basis.
This way just makes the police look like prats.  Oh, yes...... I know
:-)

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay