[Wolves] Novells Gnome?

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Sat May 13 23:52:06 BST 2006

On 13/05/06, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking at the screen shoots here.
> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=637&slide=1 .
> I was wondering how many people thought this was the way for gnome to
> go?  I have also been looking at sled10 whcih looks nice and business
> like, but still prefer Ubuntu.
>
> I just thought I would throw open the question though as to if gnome
> should follow novell's design for gnome or if it should stick with the
> traditional two bar view top and bottom?

Before I clicked the link you provided I thought you were talking
about the radically different Gnome desktop in SLED10 with the
redesign of the application menus and beagle integrated into the menu.

I don't have any strong feelings about the new configuration in
SUSE10.1 (from these screenshots) It would be trivial to add the
second panel to the top in Gnome if you wanted to (or tweak any Gnome
desktop to ape this one). I'm more interested in the SLED stuff.

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com
www: http://beerandspeech.org