[Wolves] Novells Gnome?

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Sun May 14 11:28:13 BST 2006

On 14/05/06, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mmmm, I don't personally know Shane but I would think that with his
> position (Free Software Foundation) he has to be careful about even
> voicing his 'personal' opinion on a public mailing list.  Maybe it
> would be better asking Shane face to face at a LUG meeting.  Stuff
> stated on a mailing list can come back to haunt you years later.

Well - isn't that a rule for online debates in general regardless of
who you are? Any of us could contribute to a discussion now with an
impulsive remark and it could come to haunt us in 20 years when we are
being considered for the board at ACME Corp.

You either face up to that and accept that we are all learning and
making mistakes in a global archived environment or assume a number of
aliases and try to remain anonymous.

I didn't see anything that Shane contributed to this thread as being
provocative or controversial in any way though. I am sure members of
the FSFE are able to voice their own opinions as well.

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com
www: http://beerandspeech.org