[Wolves] Novells Gnome

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Mon May 15 10:24:14 BST 2006

Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Monday 15 May 2006 09:44, Simon Morris wrote:
>
>  > Even Red Hat don't think so....
>
> Burn the heretic! burn him!
>
> Dig out my archived mails, I seem to remember sending one saying I wouldn't
> use it for production systems.
>
> We only ever use two distros for that here at the Asylum, Debian and CentOS.

I think that incident is unfortunate - I wouldn't use Fedora Core for a
production system and Red Hat are correct to push their more mature
products forward to their customers. But doing this undermines their
community based product. Nasty situation and I bet Novell would
recommend the same when it comes to SLES and OpenSUSE.

~sm