[Wolves] Portable Ogg Players

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 12:26:16 BST 2006

On 15/05/06, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know this has been discussed a little in the past,
> but I would like to solicit recommendations for
> portable media player which supports ogg files. I have
> a new car stereo with an aux input.
>
> There is a list at
> http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers but I
> am looking for recommendations. I know people have
> mentioned the iRiver and the Cowon iAudio before.
>
> I'm looking for > 10GB of storage, preferably works as
> a mass media device or has a Linux app to manage it
> and as if it's not obvious, price is a major factor.
> Failing this I will have to live with my slightly
> shit, pre-'iPod taking over the world' Creative Nomad
> Jukebox MP3 player.
>
> Anyone have a recommendation or an unwanted portable
> ogg player for a reasonable price?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ad

Nope...but did you manage to get the Creative working in Linux?  My
son's got a Creative mp3 player - I did try to tell him but he was
swayed by the 20gb storage.  If there's a HOW TO on the web I'd be
interested in looking it up.  I have tried Google in the past but the
results seemed to be full of commercial mp3 players rather than what I
wanted.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay