[Wolves] Portable Ogg Players

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 13:30:38 BST 2006

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Failing this I will have to live with my slightly
> > shit, pre-'iPod taking over the world' Creative
> Nomad
> > Jukebox MP3 player.

> Nope...but did you manage to get the Creative
> working in Linux?

Yes I did as it happens. I used Gnomad2 in Ubuntu.
Last time I used it there was a bug filed against it
as it wouldn't work as a regular user, you had to run
it as root.

I have no idea if all Creative MP3 players use this
same non-standard software interface (implemented in
Gnomad2 for Linux and by Creative's shit Windows app),
but you should be able to find whether your son's
player is supported by Gnomad on the website.

As an aside, Gnomad2 works better for me than the
Creative's own Windows app.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk