[Wolves] Police, Stop&Search, discussion the other day

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 12:31:07 BST 2006

On 18/05/06, Wayne Morris <wayne at machx.co.uk> wrote:
> Jono Bacon wrote:
>
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Hope your daughters are OKand not too traumatised. I can't believe
> > what is going on in f**king schools these days...
> >
> >  Jono
>
> <cynical mode on>
> Only thing that new is the 'everyone's a victim' culture.
> We used to arrange to fight other schools every week, albeit with fists
> and occaisionaly baseball bats and fence posts.
> I'm forty, so this would have been 1979 or so.
> I'm lead to beleive there was a 'fifties' where people hit each other
> with motorcycle chains and before that
> a 'wartime' where people actually 'killed' each other with 'guns'.
> Nobody I was in school with has claimed compensation for post tramatic
> stress disorder.
>
> On a similar point, the papers are full of 'youngest girl pregnant with
> baby at 11' like it was a miracle.
> Again., in 1980 I was in school with a girl who had her second abortion
> - aged 12 - so whas new?
>
> Kids today watch more murders and violent acts before the watershed 9pm,
> why the hell would they be bothered if it happened in real life?

Did you go to Great Wyrley High then?  I remember a girl of about 12
having a baby when I was there.  She was in my year.  This would have
been around 1975  Obviously no names but I think the guy must have had
a white stick - no disrespect to the partially sighted.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire