[Wolves] I been asked a wierd question.

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed May 24 11:40:43 BST 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 11:24, David Morley wrote:

> Can you rout all emails from a network through one machine in order to
> be able to view whats going on.

Yes of course but it depends on his set up, is he using exchange? what volume
of mails are we talking about?

He would need to set up a forward on the collecting machine this is a 'poor
mans version of email to the desktop'.

> I said yes set up a mail server but
> he wants to be able to veiw the mails in something like outlook
> express.

> Strictly monitoring purposes not content.

I've done similar for a number of customers, there are (Windows) packages out
there that do more than that. I take it he has doubts about an employee?

There is an application that will record
1. Every keystroke.
2. Emails in and out.
3. Will take a screen shot every "whatever you set it too"
4. Record Downloads

And loads of other stuff it will email you the results without any record
showing up on the client machine it will not show up in the activity logs it
is totally transparent.

Unless you have admin rights and know what you are looking for you will not
find it. Before you go down this road you need to find out "why?" and to
"What end?" that will determine what solution and what information.

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. :)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com