[Wolves] I been asked a wierd question.

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed May 24 15:54:01 BST 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 14:59, Simon Morris wrote:

> Life isn't that black and white, Peter. My IT policy here forbids
> employees joining forums, mass-mailing lists or joining Internet Chat
> rooms. All for good reason.

Please collect your P45 ;) and don't let the door smack you in the arse on the
way out :)

> However - if my boss decided he fancied sacking me today in the black
> and white terms you describe I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I signed
> an agreement forbidding employees access to these internet resources but
> I use them every day.

Oh god yes, I myself bring my personal Laptop into work, hook it up to works
network then pinch electricity, bandwidth and resources all day, and just to
add insult to injury I stop selling to converse on this and other lists.

> However - if sacked for this reason alone I think I would have a pretty
> good case against that decision.

Good staff are hard to find.

> > "You've no right to stop me owning anthrax and if you hadn't of tested
> > my pee
> > that you pinched from the toilet you'd never of found out I infected
> > that
> > housing estate"
>
> *blink*

Oh, crap that's what happens when I get carried away bang goes that ransom I
was gonna demand.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon