[Wolves] (no subject)

Stuart Beeson stuart.beeson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 14:59:22 GMT 2006

Hi People

Been watching the list for a bit now and ive decided to make my first post -

i have a redundant laptop - its only a small thing running windows 98 (had
it about 5 years) the problem is i havnt got a floppy or cdrom to boot from
- ive managed to get a wifi connection working on it so i can browse the web
etc - ive been reading
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromWindows and a few things
dont add up - if this is a net boot install from dos how will i connect to
grab the rest of the files needed or am i missing something - can i use
wirless once the installation process is running (or will i run into
problems configuring my wifi along the way)

any pointers would be great -

Thanks

Stu