[Wolves] LIST

Jen Phillips jetlaglug at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:16:54 BST 2006

On 08/10/06, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/10/06, David Goodwin <gingerdog at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Once again, you've not said where the meeting is....
> Lincoln house community center, Heath town, Wolverhampton, WV10 0JB.
>
> And it has been on the website since the end of the last meeting.

But looking at the website is, like, actual effort! Sounds quite an
interesting meet, actually:

Featuring Alex Willmer will give a talk on GPS and GIS. He says, "Geospatial
Information Systems (GIS) are to geography, what CAD is to engineering. It's
revolutionising the field; even whilst itself being revolutionised by the
likes of Google Earth & web mapping. I offer a tour of the GIS landscape -
the whats, the whos & the whys. A vaguely sciency bit about the workings of
GPS, with pictures. Demos of Free/Open Source GIS & satellite navigation
(satnav) software. A rundown of geospatial data sources, free as in beer and
otherwise. Finally a pitch for OpenStreetMap, a project I'm involved with."

Go's
 1.  Dave Mmmmaaaarrrlley
 2.  Ron
3. Jen
4. Russ (maybe, depending on work)

Late's

No Go's

Please Think about places for the 25/10/06 (if we are having a meeting)
or the 8/11/06 (if we're not)