[Wolves] RAID on 750mhz processor?

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Mon Oct 9 10:41:21 BST 2006

James Turner wrote:
> Are you thinking of using the Linux kernel RAID ("md" - multiple device) or
> the RAID provided by the motherboard BIOS? As a general rule, I'd strongly
> favour the former, on the grounds of:
My initial experiments on RAID worked well with Linux kernel RAID, but
not with proprietory RAID boards. I was setting up RAID on smbserver,
which I like.

BUT, though it's a doddle to set up RAID on a linux system, I didn't
crack what to do when one of the disk fails - simulated by turning off
the power to one disk. Then what do you do? It doesn't seem to be
straightforward. Or is it James?

Mark