[Wolves] LIST

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Mon Oct 9 20:37:50 BST 2006

Lincoln house community center, Heath town, Wolverhampton, WV10 0JB.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=WV10
+0JB&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=52.590151,-2.112701

Featuring Alex Willmer will give a talk on GPS and GIS. He says,
"Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) are to geography, what CAD is to
engineering. It's revolutionising the field; even whilst itself being
revolutionised by the likes of Google Earth & web mapping. I offer a
tour of the GIS landscape - the whats, the whos & the whys. A vaguely
sciency bit about the workings of GPS, with pictures. Demos of Free/Open
Source GIS & satellite navigation (satnav) software. A rundown of
geospatial data sources, free as in beer and otherwise. Finally a pitch
for OpenStreetMap, a project I'm involved with."

Go's
 1. Dave Mmmmaaaarrrlley
 2. Ron
 3. Jen
 4. Russ (maybe, depending on work)
 5. Alex (Unless I get lost :p)

Late's

No Go's

 1. Jono (really wish I could come, sounds like a great talk, but I am
busy that night)