[Wolves] Re: LIST

rob the.lock.keeper at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 01:52:43 BST 2006

Lincoln house community center, Heath town, Wolverhampton, WV10 0JB.

Featuring Alex Willmer will give a talk on GPS and GIS. He says, "Geospatial
Information Systems (GIS) are to geography, what CAD is to engineering. It's
revolutionising the field; even whilst itself being revolutionised by the
likes of Google Earth & web mapping. I offer a tour of the GIS landscape -
the whats, the whos & the whys. A vaguely sciency bit about the workings of
GPS, with pictures. Demos of Free/Open Source GIS & satellite navigation
(satnav) software. A rundown of geospatial data sources, free as in beer and
otherwise. Finally a pitch for OpenStreetMap, a project I'm involved with."

Go's
 1.  Dave Mmmmaaaarrrlley
 2.  Ron
3. Jen
4. Russ (maybe, depending on work)
5. Rob (Or maybe 6 or 7 - probably others joined before me - since I'm
replying to a digest!)
Late's

No Go's

Please Think about places for the 25/10/06 (if we are having a meeting)
or the 8/11/06 (if we're not)