[Wolves] LIST

leo sandhu leosandhu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 23:26:52 BST 2006

> Featuring Alex Willmer will give a talk on GPS and GIS. He says,
> "Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) are to geography, what CAD is to
> engineering. It's revolutionising the field; even whilst itself being
> revolutionised by the likes of Google Earth & web mapping. I offer a tour of
> the GIS landscape - the whats, the whos & the whys. A vaguely sciency bit
> about the workings of GPS, with pictures. Demos of Free/Open Source GIS &
> satellite navigation (satnav) software. A rundown of geospatial data
> sources, free as in beer and otherwise. Finally a pitch for OpenStreetMap, a
> project I'm involved with."
>

> Go's
>  1.  Dave Mmmmaaaarrrlley
>  2.  Ron
> 3. Jen
> 4. Russ (maybe, depending on work)
>  5. Alex (Unless I get lost :p)
> 6. Rob

Late's

> No Go's

 1. Jono (really wish I could come, sounds like a great talk, but I am
busy that night)
2. Leo - any chance this one is going to be available online?  I'm
particularly interested in wifi interlopiability but can't get a shiftswap
arranged :(

Please Think about places for the 25/10/06 (if we are having a meeting)