[Wolves] NTFS deleted file recovery

leo sandhu leosandhu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 00:13:18 BST 2006

Does anybody know about manipulating file headers?

In the end I used PhotoRec and succesfully recovered 36GB of data from the
old 40Gb drive.  The problem now is that although I requested only a few
file types -  .pdf .doc .ppt .xl ; the stupid thing has actually recovered
what looks like every file on that hard disk outside of the main "windows"
directory and liberally distributed a file extension based upon what seems
to be luck of the draw.

This means I now have doc files that are 640mb in size.  Me thinks these
seem likely to be either MPG or iso files and are easily ignored.   However,
actually sifting through the thousands of remaining files is worse than
drowning in custard.  There is some 20Gb of files under 10mb in size,

Please, can anyone tell me a way to easily (or at least more sensibly)
filter these files, maybe try to reallocate file extensions and check for
integrity?

please :S please :S