[Wolves] how can you list hardware on an isa bus?

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Tue Oct 17 19:57:01 BST 2006

David Morley wrote:
> On 17/10/06, chris procter <chris-procter at talk21.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Mr. Morley,
>>   Can we have our hardware back please?
>>
>> Yours sincerly,
>> The 1980's
>>
>> :)
>>

> Nice you bar-stuard
>
>> I dont have an ISA bus on any of the machines I have
>> access to atm, but there might be a (virtual) file
>> /proc/bus/isa/devices
>> which would contain the kernels eye view of the isa
>> devices. If not the hunt around in /proc because if
>> the kernel detects it, it will be in there somewhere.
>>

> Thanks for this Chris I'll have a dig around.
>
>> Of course if you're really lucky ther might be a lsisa
>> command equivalent to the lspci one.
>>
> No go first thing I tried :(

- From my (probably dodgy) memory:

I believe the sound card is SoundBlaster compatible, complete with an
OPL3 synthesiser chip.  It may be fixed config, in which case the
details of the port etc, will be set via the CMOS setup (Ports 0x330,
0x220, DMA 1 or 3 and IRQ 5 come to mind) or it may be a Plug'n'Pray
device in which case pnpbios-tools (universe) with lspnp is your friend.

I seem to remember that the RedHat config tool (sndconfig?) always
managed to find it without problem.

- --
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.137621 Linux Counter No. 202120
FWD:519961