[Wolves] kernel suitable for multimedia?

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 10:04:15 BST 2006

I've sorted Hydrogen, sound is back. Forgot to say that I use SuSE 9.2 which has been prefectly fine with other things and all of the apps (Rosegarden Fluidsynth, JACK etc) are included on the dvds, so I am not installing from source.

Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Hi

I have been trying to use some sequencers eg Rosegarden and Hydrogen. I am trying to create my own backing tracks when I play the electric guitar ( I am not a good player at all but I enjoy having a go!!). I am having trouble to get Rosegarden to work a soft synthesiser namely Fluidsynth and that does not seem to work, then I found out that I have to install a soundfont which is foxing me, then I have to make sure the JACK daemon is working and it seem to refuse to work from the CL or the GUI app, although it is installed correctly etc etc. Hydrogen was working ok until suddenly is started refusing to start the audio driver. I can still play CDs and use Audacity so I don't understand what the problems are.

I read somewhere that the kernel my be the issue, if so any suggestions for a distro with a kernel that will work audio apps well?

Cheers

Mo