[Wolves] Meeting room

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 10:32:58 BST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 09:23, David Morley wrote:

> Jayne sorry but Who said anything about formal our meeting room is
> like a big dining/living room lots of 4 seater tables scattered around
> with comfy seats how is it formal?  The meeting format would be no
> different.  People can still Eat Drink and be Merry they just need to
> bring it with them unless we all chip in for a keg.

I've read through the replies so far and have to say I'm totally amazed that a
lot of people seem to not understand "The Lug" Dave hits the nail on the
headwhen  he says its about the 'People' not the place. "Lets have it at the
Savoy?" are we that bad at interpersonal skills that we can only communicate
with a can of Diamond White some muzak and a pastie in our hands?

Again, as I think Alan said, who says it has to be formal?

I'm in favor of Dave's suggestion
1. Theres room.
2. Its got mains power.
3. Its got music.
4. Theres free tea and coffee.
5. If we want a guest speaker theres no "Its too much work to open the room"
6. Smokers have to go outside.
7. Its free as in money!

What I defiantly don't want is some poke hole where you cant move and have to
shout across the room to speak to somebody you've not physically seen for six
months.

PS. I apologise to Jono my original post was not a personal attack on you.

PPS. If we had it at Dave's you could do a Bi-Monthly Wolves-LugRadio live
from the meeting?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon