Wiki, was Re: [Wolves] IMPORTANT, ALL READ: Making the LUG rock

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 14:31:37 BST 2006

--- David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do you add a page?

Firstly, being a wiki, I have just documented this on
the wiki, somewhat loosely. Also, being a wiki, I
noticed that Aq piped up to confirm that I was right,
which is nice :)

Secondly:

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

Let's not just start blindly tearing at it, lets try
to agree on some kind of structure. According to the
docs which I havn't really read yet, we can use
namespaces (analagous to directories) to separate
stuff up into sections.

I think we should have the following namespaces:

People (each have our own page, plus maybe one the lUG
itself)
Docs (for real documents, howtos and shared knowledge)
Community Projects (ie pages on SETI, Splinescan, LR
etc)
Help (about using the wiki itself, who to contact
about server issues so on)

That way the front page can be links to the
namespaces, say what each one is about and the main
page of each namespace can be the same for it's own
section.

Does this sound like a good plan? The suggested
namespaces are flexible of course and can be added,
deleted and modified as appropriate.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk