[Wolves] Freeview for a MythTV HTPC, AIGLX/XGL with Intel graphics chips

David Goodwin gingerdog at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 18:25:58 BST 2006

> > I am led to believe that Hauppage
> > are possibly the best to go for.
> Confirmed by the guy demoing Myth TV at LUGradio Live. He said that if
> you get a PVR150 or 500 (dual tuner IIRC) and use Ubuntu then Synaptic
> will do all the hard work for you.

My word of warning - I looked at building a PVR a year (well more
than, now) ago, and bought what I thought would work - a Hauppage
Nova-T; unfortunately, Hauppage had changed the chipset used very
recently, and hadn't made this clear on the packaging - so what should
have worked out of the box, definately didn't - and didn't even with
kernel patching.

However, some time later, I tried the card under Windows, and it
didn't work their either; but I've no idea if / how / when it died.

It did however take some time for support to be in the kernel and distributions.

David.

--
David Goodwin
http://codepoets.co.uk/