[Wolves] Autorun DVD or CD

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 17:03:50 BST 2006

Thanks James I'll have a go!!

Mo

James Turner <james at turnersoft.co.uk> wrote: On Sunday 17 September 2006 08:50, Mo Awkati wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am sorry if this sounds like a silly question, How do I make a DVD or CD
> autorun in Linux.

Just put a script file called "autorun" in the root of the media (possibly
setting it's executable permission - not sure whether or not this is needed).

Whether this works and what it does depends on how the machine is set up - the
autorun functionality is provided by the desktop environment rather than by
the OS itself. The user will normally be prompted to confirm whether they
wish to allow the autorun script to execute. The components that implement
autorun are:

 - GNOME: magicdev
 - KDE: kautorun

Regards,