[Wolves] A shocking email

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Tue Sep 26 14:46:51 BST 2006

--- Barbie <barbie at missbarbell.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:07:41AM +0100, chris
> procter wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to put projects/events to some of these
> > names to figure out why they count as "movers and
> > shakers" I've got:
> >
> > Jono Bacon        - ?
>
> Jokosha. Apparently it's a hot item in some circles.
> Not sure if he's
> done anything else though. Bit of a one hit wonder
> ;)

Never heard of it. Cant be any good with a name like
that either...

> > Stephen Tweedy    - Ext2/3 lead developer
> > Michael Meeks     - OpenOffice / Novell
> > Miguel de Icaza   - Gnome + Simian / Novell
> > Ian Pratt         - ?
>
> Xen. The virtualisation project. As used by all the
> really cool people
> :)

I have Xen "in testing" so does that make me lukewarm?
Xen, so cool you could use it as a heatsink

> > Andrew Tridgell   - Samba (and caused the
> > bitkeeper/GIT fracas)
> > Rasmus Lerdorf    - ?
>
> Creator of PHP. Currently employed by Yahoo. Saw him
> the other week at
> EuroFOO.

Not sure I would regard creating php as anything to be
proud of :)

> > Mitchell Baker    - ?
>
> Mozilla. President of the Mozilla Corporation.

Still don't recognize the name, but hooray for Mozilla
anyway

> > Brian Behlendorf  - Apache Foundation
> > Ingo Molnar       - ?
>
> Linux kernel hacker.

Ahh I knew I knew I'd heard the name I just couldn't
place him

> HTH ;)
> Barbie.

Thanks