[Wolves] Radio 1 'listen again'

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Sun Apr 1 10:45:46 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 21:49 +0100, baz wrote:
> Has anyone got info on how to play the 'listen again' service on the 1FM
> website? I've got listen live working ok, but not the listen again
> shows.

You're going to hate me for this, but it works here. This is Realplayer
10.0.0.8.805, Firefox 2.0 on latest Ubuntu Feisty.

Some parts of bbc.co.uk, such as Material World, point the Listen Again
link to a plain RealAudio (ram) file. This invokes Realplayer directly,
so will make a good test of the basics:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/thematerialworld.shtml

Most parts use the BBC Radio Player, which is just a webpage controlling
the Realplayer plugin through javascript. This makes it more sensitive
to your precise setup.

I suggest checking what version of Realplayer you have. If it's less
than 10, then upgrade. The version I'm using is nice, it came as an rpm
(aliened to a deb) and it isn't skinned.

http://www.real.com/linux/

The latest apparently uses their skin and only comes as a custom
installer:

http://uk.real.com/player/

Good luck, Alex