[Wolves] (fwd) Google Calendar for West Midlands Techie events

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 08:54:12 BST 2007

(Begin butchered forwarded message, which I failed to send to Dave
Morley..)

<davemor2 at gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[66.249.91.27] said: 550
    5.1.1 No such user b33si4753498ika (in reply to RCPT TO command)
Subject: google calendar for west midlands technical events

Hi all,

Zeth Green and I were talking earlier this evening on IRC, and we were
thinking it would be useful if there were a central hub for all technical
groups within the west midlands area, along similar lines to how
GeekUp.org appears to be going quite well around Manchester.

After a bit of discussion, we/I/he (I forget which now) weren't sure if
the overhead of maintaining yet another website would be worth it, so
instead Zeth suggested using Google Calendar as a means of showing what
events are on within the region for technical groups.

Therefore, we've now got the following :

e.g.
http://www.phpwm.org/allmeetings
and
http://sb.lug.org.uk/meetings/

The Google calendar is just an iframe, which can be easily added to your
own website(s).

If you'd like to add this to $groups website, then feel free to do so.
Zeth will (I'm sure) give access to $group_organisers so it can be kept
up to date etc.

Techie group wise, I'm only aware of :

phpwm
pywm