[Wolves] Ubuntu setback which is now a success!

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 20:33:26 BST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: baza <baza41 at gmail.com>
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, 31 July, 2007 11:40:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Wolves] Ubuntu setback which is now a success!

the.lock.keeper at ukonline.co.uk wrote:
> Quoting Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk>:
>> Following on from the previous thread, my colleague has managed to install
>> Ubuntu and dual boot it. He is most impressed with it!!
>>
>> Another success to linux!!!  :-)

Did you manage to save / recover his XP data?

No I was not able to recover his data because he reinstalled Windows again and formatted the hard drive. However, he only lost a small amount of data. he said to me today he is that happy with Ubuntu he will stick with it instead of windows. :-) he said it did everything so easily like installing the software he wanted, detecting the hardware etc.

I have to say I am very pleased with the outcome. Its like everything else, once you have the experience then it seems easy!

Mo

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/