[Wolves] Please Don't......

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Mon Aug 20 17:53:11 BST 2007

Adam Sweet wrote:
>> Dave Morley wrote:
>>
>>> This is just a general reminder to please not post links to content that is not free to view.
> There are 2 issues here.
>
> The first is that this PDF contains a copyright notice
> which states that the contents may not be reproduced
> or transmitted by any means including electronic,
> without the permission of the copyright owner and
> publisher.

[...]

> The second, as Andy illustrated (being the sysadmin of
> the box that this list runs on), is that posting
> attachments means that the server has to deliver that
> attachment to all of the list members, including
> retries and bounces.
[...]
> 1) Don't post attachments to the list.
> 2) Don't post copyrighted material to the list.

I'm confused.

I'm with you all the way on not posting attachments or copyrighted material.

I'm still very confused about why one shouldn't post LINKS to such
material, which is what Dave asked.

I can understand why we should post a link to a "pirate site", but why
we shouldn't post a link to, say:

- Amazon (to a particular book)
- A blog (which hasn't released its content under CC)
- The BBC news page

... is beyond me.

Mark