[Wolves] Hamachi

Kris Douglas kris at softdel.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 13:22:25 GMT 2007

On 09/12/2007, David Goodwin <david at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:

> Mo Awkati wrote :
> > > What I need is to be able to either do VPN or VNC successfully to
> > > support those I help with their PC, particularly Ubuntu users. Any
> > > suggestions as to what I can use without too many problems for either
> > > me or the users that I am trying to help?
> >

> > openvpn?
> >
> > or the fog creek copilot thing?
> >

> > Hi David
> >
> > I'll have a look at openvpn
> >
> > what is the "fog creek copilot thing"!  I don't want to vpn to
> Heathrow's controllers! :-)
>

> Google will reveal all - copilot, is I believe, a vnc implementation
> that doesn't suffer from firewall problems as there's a "middleman"
> reachable by both parties. From what I've heard, it's supposed to be
> very easy to use.
>
> David.
>
> --
> David Goodwin
>
> [ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]
> [ http://www.codepoets.co.uk       ]

Do you really need to use a vpn, if you want to provide remote support you
can install a dynamic DNS client like NO-IP (no-ip.com easy support and
stable on linux- wget no-ip) and just connect to their machiens directly, as
VPN is a very slow system for VNC access. And SSH works over no-ip too...
Just my thoughts there.

--
Kris Douglas
      Softdel Limited Hosting Services