[Wolves] Pete's response to Linux Format

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Dec 12 11:55:48 GMT 2007

On 12/12/2007, Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org> wrote:

> I can't say I've ever seen you mail the show, that said, even if you do,
> we make no promises to read it. Just in case you think it's a conspiracy
> that we don't read your mail, each person takes a few pages from the
> pile of emails and reads out what they feel like, no particular
> discussion about what ought to be read out. It's down to the individual
> who gets your mail in their pile.

Before your time, the show has gone down hill since you joined anyway
with your erm erm erm ;-) (only kidding)

> I like the Linux Action Show actually. It took me a few shows to get
> over their hyperbolic Americanisms though. I guess the sniping is my
> fault as I started it all by emailing them and telling them I thought
> they sounded like Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street and I still do. I
> thought they might find that amusing, but I think they found it irritating.

Its sort of fun I'll miss it when it stops :-(

> I also listen to BSD Talk now and again, it's not entertaining as such
> as it's almost purely technical server stuff, desktop people won't like
> it at all, but it does offer some exposure to tools that developing
> sysadmins like myself haven't heard of.

Ah well that rules me out then.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.